To Seek the Flesh: Book One of the Filliquian Chronicle
In the north, a hidden relic of an ancient destruction lies hidden. Deep in the bowels of an ancient keep, it waits for the day that it will be reunited with the other pieces scattered across the continent. A young man raised under the eye of a harsh religious Order is meant to be its latest keeper— but Nicolas isn’t sure that the Order’s intentions are for the best.
When a charming southern Bard seduces him and steals the relic, Nicolas knows he must follow him south and reclaim his birthright. What starts as a simple quest for vengeance quickly turns into a challenge to everything he’s ever known.
As he makes his way south in pursuit of the Bard, he’s introduced to magic, royalty, and a world far less rigid than the one he knew. As his beliefs crumble around him, Nicolas finds himself awakening in ways he never expected. As his journey draws to an end, he must confront his eventual place in the new world he’s discovered. Does he embrace his newfound freedom, or does he continue to embrace the Order and the growing threat they pose to the world?
To Seek the Flesh is the first part of a six book arc in the larger Filliquian Chronicle, an expansive epic fantasy with real-world historical inspirations. The main books follow a path of desire, romance, adventure, and magic for an expanding cast of characters. The larger Chronicle includes a growing collection of stories fleshing out the world, mythology, and people.
Available soon on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited
- Book Review: “Thrawn: Treason” (by Timothy Zahn)So far, I’ve enjoyed each installment of Timothy Zahn’s new Thrawn trilogy, and the conclusion is no exception. In this novel, Zahn manages to tie together the various strands that he’s woven so far. Having established himself as one of the foremost warriors in the Empire and one of Palpatine’s most reliable lieutenants, Thrawn might… Continue reading
- Book Review: "A Darker Shade of Magic" (by V.E. Schwab)Every so often you read a fantasy books that just sort of sweeps you up in its fictional universe, a book that’s told in such a compelling way that you feel like you literally can’t put the book down. Such is the case with A Darker Shade of Magic. This novel, the first of a… Continue reading
- Book Review: “Star Wars: Thrawn: Alliances”Warning: Some spoilers for the book follow. Readers of this blog will remember that I absolutely loved the first installment of author Timothy Zahn’s new trilogy about Thrawn, the Chiss general who rises through the ranks of the Imperial military to become a Grand Admiral. As soon as I finished that volume, I went ahead… Continue reading
- Book Review: “Children of Virtue and Vengeance” (by Tomi Adeyemi)When I first read Children of Blood and Bone, I was absolutely blown away. It wasn’t just that I was excited to finally see a young woman of color writing what was, by all accounts, a stunning fiction debut. It was that this extraordinary talent had managed to create a compelling world based on Africa… Continue reading
- Book Review: “Star Wars: Thrawn” (by Timothy Zahn)In the annals of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, perhaps no figure looms larger than Thrawn. Originally introduced in Timothy Zahn’s “Heir to the Empire” series, he subsequently became something of a fan favourite. Though only a neophyte when it comes to the Expanded Universe, I can well imagine the howl of outrage that erupted… Continue reading